Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe that without a doubt is one of the easiest Sauces to make. IT is absolutely loaded with flavour. If there is one recipe you’ve got to make.. it is this one.
This Spaghetti Bolognese…. Seriously, this is not your typical spaghetti dinner guys. This is absolute comfort food at its finest here. You know when just all the right ingredients marry together and it’s practically makes you weak in the knees?
Yes. That is this dinner.
We found ourselves dipping bread into this sauce over and over again as it simmered. We probably ate an entire servings worth of bolognese while it cooked. 😂
You could also always make this garlic bread recipe from Veggiebalance to pair with it.
Ditch your jarred spaghetti sauce friends.. Welcome to Homemade Spaghetti Bolognese.
How to Make Spaghetti Bolognese
Do not get overwhelmed with this recipe. It really is simple to make.
You want to cook the beef first and then cook all the veg together. Add the ingredients needed for a divine sauce, simmer, lid on for about 2hours to really allow the flavours to marry together.
About 30minutes before you are ready to eat you’ll want to cook up some spaghetti in salted water.. About 75grams of pasta per person is a good rule of thumb.
This sauce is even better the next day and it makes a ton. Which, leads us into our next tip.
How to Freeze Bolognese Sauce
If you would like this has a back-up for nights you don’t feel like cooking this recipe is perfect for freezing.
Now you want to freeze JUST THE SAUCE and then make up the pasta as you are about to eat, freezing pasta just doesn’t tend to have the greatest results in our opinion.
How to Freeze: allow the sauce to fully cool. Place into freeze-safe containers or freezer bags. Be sure to remove any excess air. The sauce will keep in the freezer around 3-4months.
Then all that is next is to dive into a big bowl of this stuff. Seriously, you will not be disappointed.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY:
Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe that without a doubt is one of the easiest Sauces to make and is absolutely loaded with flavour. If there is one recipe you've got to make.. it is this one.
- 1 kg of Beef mince
- 2 white onions peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 sticks of celery diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 200 g of mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp of dried rosemary
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- Salt & Pepper for seasoning
- 1 jar 700g passata
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons tomato puree
- 130 ml red wine
- 300 ml beef stock
- 1 dessert spoon Worcester sauce
- The heel of a triangle of Parmesan
- Salt & Pepper for seasoning
To finish the sauce:
- Fresh Basil leaves
- 100g Grated Parmesan 100g
- Begin by putting a large dry non stick pot on the heat and brown the beef (6/8 mins)
- Remove the Beef and put it into a colander to strain away the excess fat
- In the same pot heat 1 tablespoon of oil reduce the heat and add the onions, celery, garlic, carrots, dried herbs and season - cook for 6/8 mins until veg are soft
- Add in the sliced mushrooms and pinch more seasoning, cook for 4 mins until soft
- Turn the heat back up and reintroduce the Beef followed by all the sauce ingredients, stir well to combine
- Bring it up to the boil, then immediately reduce to a simmer and cook with a lid on for up to 2 hours - check your seasoning during this time
- Just before you turn it off cook some Spaghetti in a big pot of salted water
- When the Bolognese sauce is ready stir in the fresh basil and Parmesan
- Serve on top of the Spaghetti, garnished with more parmesan, basil and drizzle of olive oil