Flourless Double Chocolate chip Cookies. Since these Cookies require no flour that means they are Easy gluten-free Cookies too! Regardless if you need to be gluten-free or just are simply out of flour and want cookies – we have you covered.
We are so excited to be sharing our flourless chocolate chip cookies recipe with you. One of us here at SKC is coeliac (hello that is me, Lindsay 😉 ) and so it’s only natural that we share some gluten-free recipes.
These are a recipe I’ve been making for years when I want a simple super chocolaty dessert.
Hello Chocolate Chip Cookie Deliciousnesssssss.
These cookies are, well to be frank, they are just a little ‘odd’. When you make our chocolate chip cookies the cookie dough is the consistency you would expect from cookies.
These flourless double chocolate chip cookies… not so much. It is very VERY different and we’ll walk you through how to make these and the steps you want to make sure you do not skip.
So first… the flourless double chocolate cookie batter. See below 👇 👇 👇
Divine I know. But as you see it’s rather shiny and almost on the verge of liquid. THIS IS CORRECT. Just trust us. 😊
How to Make Cookies
The rest is rather simple to do. Simply drop onto your prepared baking tray and bake.
The cookies will spread out about double their size so be sure to give them ample room on the tray. If they spread out too much you can simply cut them after they cool. No big deal.
BAKING TIP: Another really important tip. You want to allow the cookies to fully cool on the baking sheet. We find if you remove them off the baking sheet too quickly the bottoms of the cookies will not firm up enough and then will be left behind on the baking paper. So allow them to almost fully cool for AT LEAST 10-15minutes on the baking tray before removing from tray and then another 10minutes before removing from baking paper.
We also say all the time.. if it doesn’t look perfect 👌, that is fine as long as it tastes good and in the case of these cookies… YUMMMMM.
What should I expect with these flourless cookies
So I realise that these are probably most likely something you’ve never made before so let me do my best to describe these flourless chocolate chip cookies….
They are a chewy cookie and with the amount of chocolate chips inside you’ll find that every bite is a chocolate explosion in your mouth.
These cookies are for those absolutely chocoholics. So now all you have to do is make these and find out for yourself!
Other recipes you may enjoy:
Flourless Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Flourless Double Chocolate chip Cookies. Since these Cookies require no flour that means they are Easy gluten-free Cookies too! Regardless if you need to be gluten-free or just are simply out of flour and want cookies - we have you covered.
- 325 g icing sugar
- 55 g cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 g dark chocolate chip
- Preheat oven 175C
- Prepare by lining a flat tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl whisk together icing sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon and salt. [mv_img id="483"][mv_schema_meta name="Weigh all ingredients into bowl"]
- Stir in egg whites and vanilla extract. The batter will look shiny and not your traditional texture for cookie dough. Don't worry. [mv_img id="486"][mv_schema_meta name="Texture of what your batter should look like"]
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon a Tablespoon of batter onto tray about 3cm apart from each other. They will spread out quite a bit. [mv_img id="487"][mv_schema_meta name="Spoon cookie batter onto prepared tray"]
- Bake for 13-15minutes or until cookies start getting a crackling top.
- Let them fully cool on the tray. **DO NOT skip this step. This allows the bottoms to finish cooking and will be able to be removed off the baking paper easier**