Chocolate Brownies that are fudgy and chewy, loaded with CHOCOLATE and topped with a crackled crust that will make your heart swoon! absolutely one of the Easiest Dessert Recipes to Make.
Chocolate Brownies potentially might be the dessert of choice in our household. One of the main reasons is they are so simple to make and require one
Brownies really are foolproof and one of the easiest desserts to make. Not to mention.. it is so chocolately.
You seriously cannot go wrong with chocolate, especially when it comes to this easy brownie recipe… or these chocolate chip cookies for that matter.
Difference Between Hot Chocolate and Cocoa Powder
So first things first on something I do think it is worth mentioning.
There IS a difference between cocoa powder and hot chocolate cocoa powder.
Cadbury hot chocolate cocoa powder for example is used for making hot drinking chocolate.
However, there has been multiple times in the years that I’ve had people make brownies using hot chocolate powder thinking it’s the same as cocoa powder. It. is. not.
You’ll essentially end up with extremely sickeningly sweet brownies. What you want to use is plain cocoa powder. Where there is no added sugar.
Cocoa Powder Differences
So once you know to use just plain cocoa powder. There are surprisingly more differences to cocoa powder than you would think and it will change the flavor of your brownies.
Dr. Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder for example is considered a dark flavoured cocoa powder. It actually is treated in a solution that in essence neutralizes the acidity and really brings how a very in-depth chocolate flavour. Think dark chocolate. If you love dark chocolate, this is a good choice.
Plain Cocoa Powder is not treated and so it retains the acidic and bitter taste.
I would say that MOST people prefer plain cocoa powder like Tesco’s Cocoa Powder. The brownies you see here is made with the dark cocoa powder so don’t be alarmed if your brownies are a slight different color if using plain cocoa powder. 🙂
How to Make Chocolate Brownies
After that all you have to do is whisk all the ingredients together and bake. It really is that simple to make.
If you’d like to make these brownies vegan you can simply swap the eggs out for with a flax egg. This post from VeggieBalance on how to make a flax egg is actually super helpful. Then swap the butter out for either a dairy-free alternative OR a light olive oil.
There you have it. All you ever needed to know to make the perfect fudgy and chocolatly brownies. Enjoy!
Other recipes you may enjoy:
Easy Chocolate Brownies
Chocolate Brownies that are fudgy and chewy, loaded with CHOCOLATE and topped with a crackled crust that will make your heart swoon! absolutely one of the Easiest Recipe to Make.
- 113 g butter
- 235 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 63 g white flour
- 43 g cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 175 g milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175C. Line the bottom AND up the sides of a 20cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Beat together butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until it turns pale and fluffy. Add the eggs in one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate soda and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips with spatula.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking tin and spread out evenly. Bake for 25minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and center of brownies is set. (NOTE: If you like your brownies less fudgy be sure to bake for an additional 5-8minutes )